South Africa – Boschendal
Toasted the success of its wines at the annual Sakura Wine Awards 2015 in Tokyo on 14 February 2015. It was named “South African Winery of the Year” at the International Wine and Spirit Challenge in London in 2004
Wood and valley ‘Bos-en-dal, that was how the name came about back in 1685, and is one of the oldest wine estates in South Africa. The Boschendal Estate with its 335 years of history to date, is located between Franschhoek and Stellenbosch in Western Cape.
Given their exceptional winemaking heritage of almost 300 years, the Boschendal cellar masters meticulously balance rustic tradition and modern innovation to produce classic, fruity wines while upholding the ecological integrity that has become synonymous with our brand.
Each wine range, including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Shiraz, is carefully crafted to deliver ultimate drinking pleasure, with dedicated red and white winemakers in separate cellars for focused expertise. It is this attention to detail that makes them a leader in the production of Méthode Cap Classique sparkling wines and beloved brand in over 50 countries.
The cornerstones of this philosophy are accomplished by our commitment:
- To produce premium wines of unwavering exceptional quality
- To have dedicated red and white winemakers in separate cellars for focused expertise
- To place emphasis on intensity of flavour and mouth feel
- To further our special focus on Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz varieties
- To be a leader in the production of Méthode Cap Classique sparkling wines
- To invest in oak from top coopers with judicious wood regimes for added intrigue but never overpowering
Interested on Boschendal wines, view more on their website.