Castell Del Remei Oda Tinto
Please view wine facts for the current vintage below as the vintage on the image may vary.
Dark cherry red of high intensity, with lively, highlights of the same tone. Dense, deeply hued legs. Highly intense aromas. Its time in the cask is evoked by cedar, incence and balsamic notes. Aeration reveals preserved black fruits, such as plum and cranberry, and smoked and rosted notes.
These are followed by mineral notes and cocoa powder. Sweet, voluptuous mouth feel. On the palate very mature, integrated tannins are followed by acidity, adding freshness and length. Very long pleasant finish with satisfying hints of mocha sweets and candled figs.
|AWN Wine Style|
|AWN Wine Style||Medium Bodied Red|
|Short Tasting Notes||Plum. Cranberry. Roasted Note. Cocoa Power. Long Finish. Savoury Notes.|
|Why AWN Pick This Wine||Interesting concept of pairing Key French and Spanish Varietals.|
|Recognitions||Castell Del Remei – One of The Longest Operating Wineries in Spain Since 1780|
|Food Pairing||Steak, Burgers, Pizza, Beef Noodles|
|Varietal||Merlot / Cabernet Sauvignon / Tempranillo / Grenache|
|VARIETAL - RED GRAPES||Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache/ Garnacha, Merlot, Tempranillo|
|Region||Costers del Segre|
- 1st Spanish Winery to enter elite wine program of Sofitel Group
- Producer of The 1st Btl of Cabernet Sauvignon in whole Spain – “1921”
- Wine Range carried also by “Tickets Bar & Restaurant Barcelona” (same owners as “El Bulli” – World’s № 1 Restaurant)
- One of the longest operating wineries in Spain – since 1780
- Manages 140 ha vineyards* produces 800,000 btls per year