Chateau Ferrande Graves Blanc
Please view wine facts for the current vintage below as the vintage on the image may vary.
A particularly expressive nose has pleasing notes of white fruit and citrus. The attack is fresh and lively on the palate, with an elegance rarely seen. This wine finds the perfect balance between crisp and mellow.
Citrus fruits, grapes, peaches & blackcurrants knit together harmoniously. Lemon zest appeal with a shot of lime juice – an impressive wine that has a focused finish.
|AWN Wine Style|
|AWN Wine Style||Full Bodied White|
|Short Tasting Notes||Citrus. Peaches. Lemon Zest. Superb Intensity & Elegance.|
|Why AWN Pick This Wine||Bordeaux produces some amazing dry white and this a perfect representation.|
|Recognitions||3 Stars Hachette Wine Guide 92 Pts - James Suckling 92 Pts - Wine Enthusiast|
|Food Pairing||Clams, Sushi, Chicken, Pork, Fish and Shellfish|
|Varietal||Sauvignon Blanc / Sauvignon Gris / Semilon|
|VARIETAL - WHITE GRAPES||Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Gris, Sémillon|
Château Ferrande is situated in the village of Castressur Gironde, part of the Graves appellation, some 30 minutes from Bordeaux. Uniquely Charming.
- One of the great terroirs, unmistakeably ‘Graves’ in character, making for Red and white wines. Châteaux Castel’s only Bordeaux white
- A recognised terroir: Château Ferrande is a member of the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux
- Full of personality, with a distinctive yellow label
- An unusual Graves white, made using one of the appellation’s historic grape varieties, Sauvignon Gris. Ferrande Rouge is a Graves classic The Castel family acquired Château Ferrande in 1992, after 16 years of agricultural management.
- The name Ferrande has its roots in local history: at one time, the château was a staging post where horses were shod; the French word for this is ferrer.
- The manor house was rebuilt at the end of the 19th Century.