Castell Del Remei Oda Blanco
Please view wine facts for the current vintage below as the vintage on the image may vary.
Straw-yellow with golden glints and appreciable legs, appealing aromas, ripe white fruit and subtle hints of the cask ageing.
Aeration reveals notes of sweet spice, dried stone fruits and dried apricot, alongside biscuit aromas and lactic hints, such as dulce de leche, sweet, voluptuous mouth feel. Balanced and unctuous on the palate with noticeable yet very pleasant tannins.
|AWN Wine Style|
|AWN Wine Style||Medium Bodied White|
|Short Tasting Notes||Dried Apricot. Biscuit. Candied Lemon Peel. Dulce De Leche. Creamy & Exuberant…|
|Why AWN Pick This Wine||Interesting concept of pairing Key French and Spanish Varietals.|
|Recognitions||Castell Del Remei – One of The Longest Operating Wineries in Spain Since 1780|
|Food Pairing||Intense Dishes - Laksa, Curries|
|Varietal||Chardonnay / Macabeo|
|VARIETAL - WHITE GRAPES||Chardonnay, Macabeo|
|Region||Costers del Segre|
- 1st Spanish Winery to enter elite wine program of Sofitel Group
- Producer of The 1st Btl of Cabernet Sauvignon in whole Spain – “1921”
- Wine Range carried also by “Tickets Bar & Restaurant Barcelona” (same owners as “El Bulli” – World’s № 1 Restaurant)
- One of the longest operating wineries in Spain – since 1780
- Manages 140 ha vineyards* produces 800,000 btls per year